- Craniopharyngioma (most likely)
- Pituitary adenoma (unlikely, 0.2% - 8% have calcification)
- Rathke's cleft cyst (rare disease)
- Chordoma (rare disease)
Associated findings that help DDx:
- Nodular appearance of calcification --> craniopharyngioma
- Calcifications in a cystic mass --> craniopharyngioma
- Curvilinear appearance of calcification --> pituitary adenoma or Rathke's cleft cyst
- Bone destruction --> chordoma
This is a rare case of sellar/suprasellar chondrosarcoma confirmed with histology.
Kasliwal MK, Sharma BS. A rare case of pituitary adenoma with calcification: a case report. Turkish Neurosurg 2008;18:232-235
Glezer A, et al. Rare sellar lesions. Endocrinol Metab Clin N Am 2008;37:195-211.